Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Unrequited

How do I get you to pay attention to me?

Is my admiration of you something you can’t see?

How hard is it for you to realize I like you?

I sit here hopelessly wishing that you like me too.

I try to flirt with you in the usual way,

But you seem to ignore my advances each day.

Are you blind to the affection that I require,

It’s your gentle touch that I desire.

I think I am more interested in you than you are in me,

Or even worse than you than you will ever be.

You look at me like you do at any friend,

And this is not how I want things to end.

I want our relationship to mean something,

Why is it so hard for me to your heart win?

I want to care for you for all eternity,

But I can’t even get you to look at me.

I can’t help the way I feel about you,

And I hope in time you will feel this way too.

I just want to feel you near,

And forever every moment with you share.

I want to be your partner and share each burden or joy.

I am just tired of playing like I am coy.

I just want to let you know I want to be you girl,

And spend with you the rest of time I have left in this world

No comments: