Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Get this through your head

I am a Jamaican and that’s something I am proud to say,

But it really annoys me that people see us all in the same exact way.

They believe the stereotype of what is a Jamaican,

So I am going to break this down so you can all understand.

So many people ask me questions and they are each becoming a pest,

I have been asked a lot of things but I will state the stupidest.

Someone asked me if I have electricity or swing from trees,

Could someone tell me who comes up with these ideas please?

I know Bob Marley is a national icon,

But we don’t always end our sentences in the word mon.

No not all Jamaicans smoke weed or cannabis,

So could you all stop asking me where the best is?

Not every Jamaican has locks for hair,

Just because Bob Marley did doesn’t mean that so does everyone there.

We don’t have a special language that we speak which you wouldn’t understand,

We speak English and patois which is abbreviated English so trust me to speak it even you can.

Well I hope you now understand that not everything you hear is true,

But if you ask me another stupid question like these I will certainly ignore you.

1 comment:

Dro said...

lmao its almost the same with Haitians so i feel u on this one