Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Not really family

Why can’t you just let me be?

I am tired of you trying to change me.

You make fun of me for the things I say,

And you only want me to follow your way.

You keep me locked up and expect I won’t be upset,

Now it’s apparent that you didn’t like me when we met.

You are slowly driving me insane by keeping me here,

And I know that there isn’t anything for me back home there.

But I miss my home, my friends and my life in general.

I just can’t pretend that none of it happened at all.

I don’t fit in here as you can tell from my nonexistent friends,

I am rapidly changing as my self esteem descends.

I feel left out and I am tired of being ignored,

I have grown tired of this life in fact I am bored.

Why do I have to change completely?

Why can’t I just keep part of me?

Why do you have to change everything?

Just leave me with something.

2 comments:

Dro said...

nice poem!

Anonymous said...

This is nice