Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Broken

Will I ever be able to feel again?

These negative signals are not something I mean to send.

A lot of people think that I don’t care,

But pains from my past I constantly bear.

You can’t understand how I feel,

It’s not that easy to let down my shield.

On the outside I look perfectly content,

But you have no idea how many emotions in me are pent.

THEY both hurt me in their own way,

And who THEY are is not something I wish to say.

Just know THEY took away all my trust.

And that’s why I feel like my heart is about to bust.

THEY were supposed to protect me,

THEY were supposed to teach me what love could be.

I had no one to lean on and depend,

Because alone THEY left me to fend.

Alone in the darkness I learned not to care,

And my feelings now are harder to share.

They broke me into little pieces,

And now my search for love never ceases.

The only problem is it is hard for me to get near,

Since deep in my mind remains a constant fear.

That he will leave me like THEY did,

And then this grown woman will always stay a broken kid.

1 comment:

Dro said...

hmm....
Looks like U need a prescription