Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dream World

You were in my dream last night,

You had your arms around me holding me tight.

You had a look in your eyes of a lustful desire,

I don’t know if it was just me but I felt as though I was on fire.

The heat increased the longer our bodies were entwined,

For a second I thought this was how the world was truly designed.

Just me and you alone on this vast land,

Not a child nor woman nor another man.

Nothing could stop this intense gaze of which we were involved,

Not even if all our surroundings had dissolved.

Our lips grew closer and you kissed me with unspeakable passion,

And I don’t know why but I think we committed a sin of showing such affection in this fashion.

In this short instant that I thought was reality I awoke to find it had been nothing but a dream,

That moment was perfect though at least that’s the way things did seem.

1 comment:

Dro said...

Seems like i made it to the end, though i doubt i've reached the "veil" this was a great poem, it was like a late night ballad full of emotion but not too loud.