Saturday, March 21, 2009

Loveless

Where are the good men?

I am starting to think they don’t exist.

Where are the ones that are looking for love?

Because so far all I can find are the horny ones.

Am I just a sexual object?

I really need to ask

When men see us, today they don’t see a person they see an available vagina

Am I just a garage for you to park your car?

Am I just rental space?

Our value over the generations has demeaned so much

Guys used to be nervous to ask if they could hold your hand on the first date

Now it is not even shocking for them to want sex after the movie

I want to have a relationship built not only on the physical

Is personality not important anymore?

I am tired of these men who don’t even call us by our names anymore

When did it become normal to call a girl,

A bitch or a hoe rather than a young lady

What is scary is that so many of us live up to these names.

We have allowed ourselves to become

nothing more than what these men see us as

I want a man who sees me

Someone who is more interested in my brain

Than what is between my legs.

I want to meet a man that comes to stay

Not the one on a mission to get into my pants

That will leave once he is done

I want to find a good man

Are they out there?

No comments: