Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chameleon

Who am I?

I don’t even know the answer to that question anymore.

I used to be the smart one, the cute one, thick one

What is happening to me?

I am growing into a person I don’t even recognize

When I look into the mirror now I see a total stranger

When did I stop caring?

It seems as I get older I am getting further away from the person I was.

I remember as a child the older kids looked up to me.

I was a role model at age six

I was number one in my class

Now among the population I am a lost statistic

I used to be one of those girls that drew the guys

But since anorexia is in I don’t even get a second look

I wake up each morning not caring who I will meet in the day

Because it’s not like anyone is looking at me

No one sees me anymore

They see my physical being

But my mind left my body years ago

Oh how I wish I wasn’t just a ghost looking on at my life

I feel like I have no control anymore

I just go through each day waiting

The life I live right now is not mine.

1 comment:

Dro said...

Your poems are really Deep